This is a 20 minute podcast I did with David Brower in which I talk about what emotions are and why we have them.
- I discuss the emotions of anger, anxiety and fear and how to use these emotions as tools.
- I note that I want people to master, not control their emotions.
- I address issues working with incarcerated young women (trust), law enforcement personnel (emotional armor) and college students (anxiety as eustress).
I recently did a podcast which aired in July 2017 with James Miller (JamesMillerLifeology.com). The podcast is titled: Use Your Emotions Effectively. You will need to fast-forward to 5:41. In the podcast, I discuss:
- What emotions are and the emotional process.
- How I got into the field of Psychology.
- How I went from TEA (The Emotions Avoider) to TED (The Emotions Doctor).
- How to strategically deploy anger as an effective tool.
This is a very informative podcast and worth listening to.
This podcast was with CJ Evolution, is wide ranging, and covers a variety of topics. While the overall focus is on law enforcement personnel, the information applies to and can be used by everyone..
- What anger is and how to apply it strategically
- Emotions and gender
- What verses Why when asking for information
- How to prepare to deal with emotions.
- and more.
Video: Metaphor and Habit
This is a video segment from a lecture given to Psychology Interns at the Ventura Youth Correctional Facility. The segment covers using common experiences as metaphors for whatever topic you are trying to discuss. Several examples, including changing a habit, are discussed.